Connect with the ASCA family
Australia Sickle Cell Advocacy is a family of people from all parts of Australia.
We interact with our members across 10 social media platforms. On our closed Facebook group, we discuss personal issues pertaining to disease management and care while living with SCD.
We are now extending an invitation for you to join us. Our objectives are focused on raising awareness about this condition, which is considered rare in Australia.
Review our guidelines below and click on the links, to request access. By joining the groups you are agreeing to adhere to the stipulated guidelines.
Email us to be added to the private whatsapp group
JOIN TEAM ASCA TO ENJOY THESE BENEFITS
- Become an ASCA member to get all the latest information on Sickle Cell Disease in Australia and other parts of the world.
- You will be the voice for people affected by this condition by having a say through your voting rights at our general meeting.
- Get the latest news and updates through our quarterly newsletters and routine updates.
- Having created the first-ever SCD support group in Australia, our primary objective is to ensure that we have our members supported.
- Join us for routine catchups with other families going through similar challenges. We cherish our team activities, and we would like you to be on board.
- Have your say and identify gaps affecting people living with sickle cell disease. We are registered in NSW, QLD, SA, VIC and WA.
We are Family
We will tackle issues Together
FACEBOOK GROUP GUIDELINES FOR AUSTRALIAN SICKLE CELL ADVOCACY Inc
- Connect with other people affected by Sickle Cell Disease in Australia and the rest of the world.
- Encourage people affected to discuss SCD to remove the stigma attached to having this condition
- Be engaged to ensure that everyone’s views are heard
- Highlight SCD awareness in Australia to ensure that at-risk people know their trait status
- Increase awareness in our healthcare professionals
Who is encouraged to Join?
Open to everyone affected by SCD in Australia.
How do we interact
- Sharing Sickle Cell Disease information
- Asking questions that are of concern
- Ask questions for expert advice that will be forwarded to relevant Doctors and answers to be provided
- Ask for policy changes that will be forwarded to relevant people
- Every now and then make it a light Moment and post something to make us laugh, we don’t have to be serious all the time.
- Be mindful of posts that might be hurtful and sensitive to others
- If unsure what to post, ask one of the admins for clarification
- Be respectful and no politics
- Members may be removed if they do not follow these guidelines.