Connect with the ASCA family
Australia Sickle Cell Advocacy is a family of people from all parts of Australia.
We interact with our members across 10 social media platforms. On our 2 intimate closed groups on Facebook and WhatsApp, we discuss personal issues pertaining to disease management and care while living with SCD.
We are now extending an invitation for you to join us. Our objectives are focused on raising awareness about this condition, which is considered rare in Australia.
Review our guidelines below and click on the links, to request access. By joining the groups you are agreeing to adhere to the stipulated guidelines.
We are Family
We will tackle issues Together
FACEBOOK AND WhatsApp GROUP GUIDELINES FOR AUSTRALIAN SICKLE CELL ADVOCACY
- Connect with other people affected by Sickle Cell Disease in Australia and the rest of the world.
- Encourage people affected to discuss SCD to remove the stigma attached to having this condition
- Be engaged to ensure that everyone’s views are heard
- Highlight SCD awareness in Australia to ensure that at-risk people know their trait status
- Increase awareness in our healthcare professionals
Who is encouraged to Join?
Open to everyone affected by SCD
How do we interact
- Sharing Sickle Cell Disease information
- Asking questions that are of concern
- Ask questions for expert advice that will be forwarded to relevant Doctors and answers to be provided
- Ask for policy changes that will be forwarded to relevant people
- Every now and then make it a light Moment and post something to make us laugh, we don’t have to be serious all the time.
- Be mindful of posts that might be hurtful and sensitive to others
- If unsure what to post, ask one of the admins for clarification
- Be respectful and no politics
- Members may be removed if they do not follow these guidelines.
To many notifications?
You can mute the notifications on the WhatsApp group. You will still receive all the messages, but your phone won’t notify you. See the messages in your own time.