Submissions are open | Deadline 6 August, 2022
On behalf of the ASCA Conference Organising Committee, we invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 2nd Annual Sickle Cell Scientific Conference which will be held at the Wesley Conference Center in Sydney on 10th September 2022.
The theme of the conference is Health Equity for All – The Importance of Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease
Calling researchers, community-based member organisations, physicians, nurses, social workers, Sickle Cell Disease Warriors, Caregivers, and Advocates. ASCA in conjunction with The Blood Meeting would like to highlight your work at the 2nd Annual Conference in Sydney, Australia on 10 September 2022 (Hybrid). We are excited to introduce Abstract and Poster participation as well.
To be eligible, abstracts and or posters must meet guidelines and be submitted by August 6th, 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted. Abstracts will be reviewed and ranked by the ASCA conference organising committee. Notification regarding abstract acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the submitting author. We anticipate conference registration opening in early July.
Abstract Submission Instructions and Guidelines
- Title: Use a concise title typed in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Authors: List authors’ names (First name, middle initial, last name) and institutional affiliations as briefly as possible.
- Abstract Text:
- Structure text utilising the following subheadings: Objective, Methods, *Results, and Conclusions.
- Submit abstracts in written form for scoring.
- Authors can be modified to have less duplication of contact info for co-authors.
- *Abstracts without results will not be accepted.
- References are not obligatory
- WORD COUNT: 400 words maximum (no exceptions).
- Abstract Category: If your abstract seems to fit more than one category, please select a first choice and a second choice – the abstract judges will decide.
- 2022 Topics: Please select a first choice and a second choice – the abstract judges will decide which category fits best.
- Health Promotion
- Clinical Research
- Basic and Translational Research
- Psychosocial Research
Abstract text must be written in English and contain the following:
The following are the topics we will encourage you to present:
We look forward to seeing you at the conference in Sydney.
Please upload your abstract below.