Who we are
ASCA will continue to engage with people in discussing sickle cell disease, not only in Australia but all over the world. We also want to encourage research scientists to continue working on finding other curative options for this condition that are less invasive and easily accessible for all: Our main aims include:
- Encourage discussions to remove the stigma associated with having SCD,
- Provide education to communities and relevant stakeholders to raise awareness about SCD in Australia
- Advocate for SCD prenatal / newborn screening
- Advocate for Australian SCD National guidelines
- Advocate for a conclusive SCD surveillance database in Australia
- Advocate to have all medications used to manage SCD included on The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Gain recognition and access to services for chronic conditions by The Department of Health / Medicare.
- Organise fundraising activities that contribute towards sickle cell research.
Join us as we raise our voices because “Together we will rise”